- Draw and analyse management reports per allocated division
- Through analysis, ensure that all revenue and expenditure is processed to the correct GL accounts . Where incorrect postings are identified, investigate and correct through journalisation.
- Establish root cause of incorrect postings and take corrective action to avoid in future incidents.
- Perform monthly period-end procedures, and related analytical functions when required.
- Investigate budget variances and report to Mintek management.
- Compile monthly management packs for SBU’s inclusive of management accounting and project information as required.
- Provide financial input to divisions with annual budgeting and regular forecasting.
- Perform trend analysis per division to assist divisions in accurate budgeting. Advise SBU managers on common mistakes.
- Set-up of divisional budget templates and assist with all budget reviews by giving guidance to divisions and compilation of budget packs.
- Perform calculation of annual labour rates per division.
- Provide financial advice to SBU’s with determination of cost recovery rates.
- Control budget transfers on IFS (Opex vs Capex)
- Control and monitor the actual expenditure relating to CAPEX against budgeted CAPEX targets as well as handling issues arising from the CAPEX process related to management accounting and project issues.
- Ensure that the SAP Project Administration system is adhered to by reviewing and evaluating processes, ensuring compliance with SOP’s.
- Review individual project establishment through supporting documentation. After establishing compliance with SOP’s, release the project on the system.
- Evaluating and monitoring accuracy of projects through review of planning documentation and actual revenue/expenditure.
- Review monthly billing of projects and release to FI IFS.
- Monitor, reconcile and exercise control over SBU financial functions.
- Review revenue reserves for reasonability and perform sample calculations to ensure that revenue recognition is accurate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with auditors and SBU managers.
- Completion and submit statutory returns to the South African Reserve Bank and STATS SA.
- Regular feedback sessions with SBU managers regarding their financials and report to Head: Budget and Project Management.
- Assist with business improvement and cost reduction initiatives within business units.
- Liaise extensively with other departments in Finance and within larger company environment.
- BCom Honours Degree or equivalent qualification
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in management and cost accounting environment
- Computer literacy (MS Windows, Word, Excel). IFS will be an advantage.
- Project Management experience is essential